Tuesday 12 July 2005

Hot

It's very hot; pretty unsettling this time, especially in the night. But who am I to complain? Only the British do. (Is this a fact or a usual occurence?)
I'm used to the heat where I sweat because of the humidity but not when it's stiffling and it's like fire is engulfing my chest and there's no way out. Anyway, I think it's always like that when hormones go haywire and just everybody and everything seem annoying.
Because I am Pinoy, sometimes I expect my family here to react the way pinoys do. And that's when it becomes annoying. Our pregnancy news didn't get a positive welcome. "Is it true? That's great." And that was it. End of news. No discussion whatsoever. No jubilation that Zak is going to have a baby sister/brother. When I asked if they were happy about it because K and I are, I was told that they were terrified. 'Oh my God, what will happen now? How about your job?' It's revolting actually, to encounter this type of attitude, as if having a baby is the end of a career and a waste of money.
This I can't understand. They love Zak so much and spoil him to bits and I can't see any reason why they can't welcome another grandchild.

0 comments:

 
English Karadjaw - Templates Novo Blogger