Tuesday 2 September 2008

Cycling


Cycling around Ladybower Dam, originally uploaded by Soyy.

I ditched my mountain bike 11 years ago.

Today, I thought I wouldn't be able to pedal anymore. I practised on my 5-year-old's bike but it wouldn't move a jot. I thought, oh maybe, the wheels are just too tiny for my size. I was told, no, 'you're just fat' and that I should get my arse off it and get real. I don't think I'm fat. I'm just oozing with sexuality - not lard!

So I decided to 'get real' and donned a broken helmet and walking boots, in case I'd end up walking with my bike around 15 miles of cycle path. The pod for the boys was attached to husband's bike.

I managed to keep the handle bars together without falling off and took 173 photos of husband on his bike. Imagine. He took 2 shots of me to prove to his parents that I'm really fat, I mean fit.

We were warned of the impending rain and we were continually watching out for the ominous clouds. It turned out that we had to race against the rain and as soon as we reached the car park 3 hours later, the heavens collapsed on us. Perfect!

5 comments:

d3nd3n said...

like your blog's new look. way better than the scotland theme. :)

Anonymous said...

" I'm just oozing with sexuality - not lard!"

----- great Soy, maybe I can copy this too, for I lack some originality when it comes to humor :( Anyway, I too believe that I am oozing with sexuality and not lard. and my husband could not answer yes or no, he just keeps quiet, afraid to answer :)

you're like me and my hubby too, i take so many shots of him, but he takes very few shots of me :(

nice picture by the way, i just like how everything blends in. at least, you know how to bike, i don't :(

Anonymous said...

I gave up riding a bike, but I love riding my grandson's razor scooter. It is great fun. I love your picture. The scenery is beautiful.

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

i didn't see the other pic...

i gave up riding the bike too, conflict sa obagi regimen ko, heehee, stationary nalang dito sa house, we converted my mountain bike

Joy said...

Sounds like a wonderful day :D I still think it's great how much time you get to have fun with your family.

joy
Norwich Daily Photo
Your Love Coach
A Pinay In England
I, Woman

 
English Karadjaw - Templates Novo Blogger